Sunday, November 3, 2013

Trip to Virginia part 2 - Layman Family Farms


After the birthday party, James decided he had daylight left to go hunting so the boy and I hung out with MeMe and Pops.  Hudson wasn't thrilled about having his picture taken.


Daddy got a doe!  Since he didn't get to spend the whole week with us in Virginia, I was so glad he decided to go hunting that night and was able to shoot a doe.  

Jumping on the jumping pillow...one of his favorites!
On Sunday, we decided to head to Layman Family Farms since the weather was decent and it has kind of become a tradition to visit the pumpkin patch with MeMe.  This year, Pops and Grandma Peggy came along, too!  


Hudson enjoyed the corn crib, and, just as we predicted, he tried to eat a handful of corn.  He spit it right back out and made a horrible face...that was the only time he tried to eat that corn.  




After the corn crib and trying our hand at corn hole, we went to wait in line for the cow train.  MeMe rode with Hudson this year.  After the fact, James and I were talking about how when Kemper was Hudson's age, we let him ride a cow train by himself.  I'm not sure why but Hudson seems so much more baby-ish at 19 months than Kemper did to us.  Maybe it's because he is a daredevil and Kemper was/is always so even keeled.  I wouldn't trust that Hudson wouldn't try to launch himself out of his cow mid-ride but I never doubted that Kemper would stay in the cow.  



Next up was the corn blaster.  I was honestly surprised that Kemper wanted to give this a try because it was pretty loud and he usually doesn't care for loud noises but he was excited!  He wanted to do it all by himself with no help and he did pretty well!  His aim was great but he didn't understand how high to shoot it to get it close to the barrel.  



A little stop by the spider web where Hudson played while Kemper did the big slide a couple of times. 


Hayes family at the pumpkin patch!


Wandering through the corn maze.  Daddy and Kemper were ahead of us...Hudson wanted to stroll leisurely instead of racing through.  I'm thankful James has such a great sense of direction...I am positive that it would take me hours to find my way out if left to my own devices.  



A pit stop for a few pictures and to check in with Grandma Peggy who had found the funnel cakes and was enjoying the scenery and people watching.  


This little boy was being a stinker on the hay ride.  


Still can't convince him they're not apples!


Kemper found his pumpkin!





This boy loves his Pops.  



Again, trying to eat the pumpkins.



James appeased me and tried to help me get a good picture of the boys together before we left.  I think there are probably 50 pictures on my camera of various facial expressions.  This one probably cracks me up the most.  He is such a little stinker!  


That's better!  My handsome boys!


We love visiting the pumpkin patch in the fall...this was our second trip for the year and I knew that Kemper and I had one more trip ahead of us with for his school field trip.  Layman's is such a nice little pumpkin patch...everything is close together and we've never been there when it has been super crowded so the boys have been able to try whatever they want without having to wait.  Pops was impressed with how much they had to offer...jumping pillow, corn blaster, pumpkin shooter, corn crib, family animals, cow train, slide, hay ride, corn maze and a full snack bar.  I'm sure Kemper could easily spend an entire day exploring and playing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment