Friday, December 7, 2012

Thanksgiving


Hudson and I met up with Daddy on post for their Thanksgiving celebration.  Each year, the officers and NCOs dress in their finest and serve Thanksgiving dinner at the DFAC.  Kemper and I went last year to see James serve and this year, I decided to take Hudson even though Kemper was in school.  I don't think he knew what to think of Daddy in that uniform.


Bring on the food, Mom.


Handsome boys!


Kemper started Thanksgiving morning out by tracing and cutting out his hands so that we could make a turkey.


This little guy was super excited about all of the food we were making!  


<3 Brothers


I guess the Macy's parade was more interesting than taking a pic with Mom.


Love these boys.


Honestly the best family pic we got that day.  It cracks me up every time I see it.


James carving the turkey.


We had a very low key, relaxing Thanksgiving spent with a good friend and her little girl.  While we miss our families and would love to spend all holidays with them, Thanksgiving is such a fitting holiday to spend with our Army family.  I love that even though we're far away from family, there is always someone to celebrate with and spend the day with near an Army post.  So thankful that Addi and Amber spent the day with us!


He's a fan of the turkey.


Happy baby post meal.


It was a GORGEOUS day and we were able to spend time outside playing!  Hudson loves swinging and watching Kemper play.  


One of the few pictures I have of Kemper....he's too fast and stubborn lately.


Thanksgiving night, we took advantage of the mild weather and headed down to the river for Christmas on the Cumberland.  They have a neat little riverwalk area and every Christmas, they deck it out with tons of Christmas lights!  Unlike the Elks Home, you walk through this display.


One of his favorites!


Finishing up his turkey craft.


So thankful for my boys and that we got to spend this Thanksgiving with James.  So many of my amazing friends didn't get to spend this Thanksgiving with their husbands and they are always in my thoughts.  We are so lucky to be a part of a wonderful Army family and to be surrounded by such wonderful, strong Army wives!  <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment