Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kemper's First Day of Pre-K


This morning, Kemper headed back to The Youth Academy for Pre-K!  He did this program last year but we started out on a trial basis since he was 3 and we weren't sure how he would do with structure.  He did great and loved it and was SO excited to get back to Mrs. Trish's classroom after being in a different classroom this summer.  


Kemper's buddy, Gavin, is in his class so we met up with him and his mom this morning for a few pictures before heading in to see Mrs. Trish!  


Hard to believe these 2 goofballs are 4 and in Pre-K!  


Mommy and Hudson wanted in on a picture...Kemper was ready to go inside at this point.  


There are two teachers per Pre-K class - Mrs. Stephanie and her husband were PCSing so we met Ms. Felecia this morning.  Mrs. Trish was driving the big kids to school in the bus so we had to kill some time waiting for her to get there.   


Kemper and Gavin went straight to their favorite toys and started playing.  They were like old pros!  It was so strange to see some of the other kids arriving - they seemed so small compared to Kemper and Gavin!  I had to remind myself that last year, Kemper was one of the younger kids so this year, he's one of the older/bigger kids!  


Hudson was getting a little quality time with Lynse while we waited.  


Kemper and Gavin with Mrs. Trish.  I am so incredibly thankful that we found such an amazing school for Kemper!  He has been at The Youth Academy for 2 years and we all love it!  Mrs. CoCo was his first teacher and to this day is still one of his favorite people to see.  Luckily, she's at the front desk in the mornings so we get to see her every day!  It's so comforting to know that he is in a school where the teachers are so kind and caring.  We saw Mrs. Trish throughout the summer and she always gave Kemper a hug and told us how she couldn't wait to get her "babies" back in her class.  She seemed just as excited to see our boys as they were to see her!  


What a difference a year makes!  

Kemper Maddux
Age 4

My best friends name is: Joey
My favorite thing to play: Workers
My favorite color: Blue
My favorite book: The Thomas book with the buttons that make noise
My favorite TV show: Doc McStuffins
My favorite food: Pancakes
When I grow up, I want to be: A worker (we think construction is what he means)
Something I really like: Batman set
Something I don't like: Hudson's baby toys
My favorite thing about myself: "Head so I can see, hear, eat and smell"
Something I want to do this year: Get some candy

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha. Love the interview. Cute

Post a Comment