Monday, September 17, 2012

Hudson's 6-month stats


We finally had Hudson's 6-month well baby appointment and I wanted to update his stats (I have gone back and checked Kemper's old blog for his stats more than I can count).  



At 6 months:

Hudson weighs 19lbs 2oz (79%)

Hudson is 27.5in long (84%)


Hudson had to get 3 shots and one oral vaccine.  The nurse warned me that most babies don't like the oral vaccine...I told her that I'd never seen him dislike anything that resembled food.  Sure enough, he lapped it up like it was straight sugar.  He wasn't a fan of his shots and the nurse seemed to take her sweet time administering them.  As soon as I picked him up from the table he was fine (he did give the nurse one of his famous stink eye stares though).


Ms. Lissa was very happy with him and said that he was sitting up better than most other 6 months old.  He was very happy and smiley for her!  She gave us the go ahead on basically any food with the exception of dairy, peanuts and choking-prone foods (hot dogs, grapes, etc).  She said she can't see the beginnings of any teeth but that baby jaws are pretty strong and he should be able to gum/crush just about anything.  


I have to take both boys back tomorrow for their flu shots.  Because of Kemper's tendency to get upper respiratory infections and the fact that he used an inhaler when we first moved to Tennessee, he is ineligible for the flu mist nasal spray and has to get a shot for at least a few more years.  I'm going straight to the doctor's office after we pick Kemper up from school tomorrow....may have a cookie waiting in the car for him since I'm sure he's not going to be thrilled with me!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment